Thursday 20 August 2009

As a Dear Friend Once Said...

I recently had one of my dearest friends to stay, which was just wonderful. He’s been a rock for me, or should I say a fully fitted scaffold. He’s there through all of the horrid, weird and funny times.  He was my best maiden and is married to another dear friend. Sadly for me they are not in the UK but happily distance has never tempered this friendship and I doubt it ever will.  We Yahoo conference often with the third party of this wonderful crew, a fine example of a lady whom I also adore in another part of this gorgeous world of ours. I thank profoundly the bright sparks for inventing the internet and keeping us all so connected.

We were discussing how the illness affects me and the difference between our capabilities. He said it was a good example to help people understand. It was possibly 11 o’clock in the morning and he had so far, breakfasted, showered, done some research on the computer, been to the supermarket and chatted to me.  I was still sitting in my pyjamas, which speaks volumes and what he had just done in two hours or so I hope to achieve on a very good day, not in two hours but in nine, spread throughout the day, between periods of rest. That would be minus any serious research on the computer, any kind of detailed reading is completely out of reach to me, some gentle surfing and skimming is the best I can hope for. And on bad days (which last for weeks at a time) well that would be me just curled up on the sofa or in bed all day, moving only for essentials. So as my dear friend suggested there it is. Do with it what you will but I hope that it will help you, as it helped him. 

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    It is easy to be a dear friend of Cara's because she is such a special, strong, kind and inspirational person. real friendships are special and should never be taken for granted. I couldn't imagine my life without Cara in it as she has helped me, cried with me, laughed with me and kept me focused on all the positive things in life. Her strength, courage, intelligence and passion for keeping hold of all that is dear to her, is an inspiration to all. I am a very lucky chappy!